SEATTLE—Looking for the perfect present for the loved ones on your holiday shopping list? Look no further, Woodland Park Zoo has you covered! From animal lovers to conservation champions and everyone in between, here are 10 gift ideas perfect for everyone in your life.
1. A gift that lasts all year long Give the gift that keeps on giving with unlimited admission and fantastic benefits! Buy a membership for family or friends (or yourself!) and save $15 with promo code GIFT2021 (now through December 31).
2. A cuddly gift that helps save species Give the gift of a ZooParent adoption to help fund the care of all the amazing animals at Woodland Park Zoo and make a difference for wildlife! The zoo’s $69 seasonal snow leopard special includes a plush toy, an adoption certificate, color photo, fun fact sheet and more!?
3. The perfect present for every budget Did you know that more than 2 billion plastic cards end up in landfills each year? Opt for sustainable gifts and help prevent plastic waste: buy a Woodland Park Zoo e-gift card to treat your loved ones!
4. Adopt a hornbill nest in their name Asian hornbills need our help. These magnificent birds (with equally magnificent beaks) are endangered. Woodland Park Zoo works with the Thailand Hornbill Project to help prevent trafficking of hornbill chicks and support local communities that protect their nests. You can adopt one of those nests as a special gift for the animal lover in your life! Learn more at zoo.org/nestadoptions.
5. An unforgettable up-close experience! Our Wild Meet and Greet experience lets you mingle with your favorite ambassador animals! You and a small group (up to 15 people) will have an up-close encounter with one of the zoo’s wildlife superstars—and it includes zoo admission for your group immediately following your experience. Choose which of the zoo’s birds, mammals or reptiles to invite to your get-together at zoo.org/meetandgreet.
6. An illuminated evening Ring in the holidays with dazzling lanterns, brilliant lights and plenty of illuminated (and enormous) animals. Treat your sugarplums to an evening experience that sparks joy and wonder! WildLanterns, presented by BECU runs through January 30, 2022. Reserve your tickets at zoo.org/wildlanterns.
7. A donation in their name Give a meaningful gift that saves wildlife! Make a donation to Woodland Park Zoo in the name of a family member or friend that supports animal care, wildlife conservation, education, accessibility or whatever matters most to them! Visit www.zoo.org/donate to get started.
8. Get inspired with a visit to the ZooStore Jaguar jammies, grizzly bear growlers and snow leopard socks? We got you! Stop by the ZooStore at either entrance during normal business hours to shop animal-inspired gifts for everyone on your list. Can't make it to the zoo? No problem. Many of the ZooStore items are now available to purchase online!
9. Don't forget to feed the penguins For just $5, you can make your next zoo visit extra special with a fishy treat for the zoo’s Humboldt penguins! Stop by to feed the charismatic birds between 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (or until the fish run out!), daily for $5. Surprise your bestie with this extra awesome experience and the penguins will thank you too.
10. A whole year of PNW adventures! Gift your love with a whole year of PNW-inspired prompts, adventures and tips for making the most out of their love for nature and the outdoors. Cost, $0. Wander over to zoo.org/nw and choose your own adventure as you find ways to discover, recover and coexist in the Northwest.?
P.S. Get crafty! Use our guide to create a nature-inspired coupon jar. Use slips of paper to write down prompts for conservation activities, hikes, ways to connect with nature and more... then, pull out one each month for a gift that lasts all year and will keep you connected to wildlife and wild places.